The twenty-first century is the age of technology. Many businesses like teaching, writing, SEO, stores are now online.
You don’t have to go to an office for earning or to get knowledge. People are making livings from home.
And with the Covid-19 spreading on the earth, many businesses previously not online have now started hiring remote workers because of the lockdown.
It saves time and expenses. Workers don’t have to spend money and time travelling. They can work anytime they feel like working.
Also, Remote businesses have people from different cities and cultures, so they get an insight into different traditions.
However, operating from home brings its own challenges. The interaction between team members is less.
Most of the remote workers have a different time zone, which causes problems. At home, there are many distractions to lessen productivity.
Remote workers do not get a lot of facilities. They have to use online available tools to do their tasks and projects.
Finding the right tools isn’t an easy job. That’s why we’ve searched for the 9 best tools for remote workers to help them with their job.
Skype is a well-known online telecommunication app powered by Microsoft.
It provides a platform to people worldwide for voice calls, video calls, and messages. It also has subtitles feature for video calls for easy understanding.
As remote workers are usually from different parts of the world and communication is usually a problem, Skype is the best solution.
Edit pad is an online text editor where one can make and edit notes. It is a free editing tool with lots of cool features. Some of them are:
- It is easy to use and has a plain design.
- It has the word and character count options for determining the length of the document.
- Edit pad allows the users to check plagiarism quickly, and they don’t have to open another website for that.
- You can also Paraphrase your text.
- To avoid any grammatical mistakes, it has a built-in grammar checker.
- Users can also upload (Microsoft documents, plain text, PDF) and save files.
It is beneficial for remote writers, bloggers, and students. The best thing is that you don’t have to install it to use.
Zoom is an online meeting app where teams can conduct virtual conferences to discuss their projects. It has multiple features.
The host has full control of the meeting, and it’s up to him which options he enables for participants to use. More than 90 people can join, and that also through link or password only, so no outsiders.
Zoom comes with features like
- The participant can have Chat with each other in the chatbox without disturbing the meeting. The host has the option to disable chat. You can also send a message privately to a participant.
- The participants can also raise a hand if they have any query or ambiguity. You can also see which participant has their mic or video on. You can tell who is speaking at the moment by the green box that appears on the speaker’s ID.
- Another great feature of zoom is Screen Sharing. The host can share the screen to discuss the project, and the participants can mark the point that might be confusing them on the screen.
- It’s free to some extent. If you are a free user, there is a limit to the number of participants who can join your meeting. There is also a time restriction for the meeting of forty-five minutes. But you can buy a plan if you want to conduct larger and longer meetings.
Grammarly is one of the best tools that remote users can utilize. After adding its extension allows you to check any typed text, whether it’s emails, messages, or documents. It works like a charm for new writers, bloggers, and students.
And It highlights the grammatical errors by underlining them and also suggests the right word. It also highlights spelling and punctuation mistakes and saves you from dumb typos.
The premium and business plans are not free, and you have to buy them. But the number of features they come with, like plagiarism check, fluency, sentence structure, etc., are totally worth it.
The Prepostseo is a website that has 95+ tools to help students, digital marketers, and website owners. It is all in one deal.
- There are multiple tools like plagiarism checker, paraphrasing tool, grammar checker, and spell checker for Students. These tools are free and are easily understandable.
- Online learners can make their assignments, check for grammar or spelling mistakes, know if there is plagiarism, and paraphrase it.
- For website owners, it has tools that can help them with on-page and off-page SEO. Some important tools people use are the DA checker, the backlink maker, and the blog search tool.
Monday is an online platform for remote workers to manage their projects by planning, executing, and keeping track of them. Teams can customize it according to their plan.
The status of each worker is visible to the whole team. It has features like gnats board, file sharing, weekly overview, and much more.
Google Drive is an online repository where you can store your PDFs, sheets, notes, and documents.
It is a substitute for MS clouds. It offers great and flexible storage plans. You can have access to your files through your account from any gadget.
The prominent features of google drive are
- Shared storage
- Easy access
- Collaborative platform
- Fast Backup and sync
- File sharing
It has many tools that students can use. It is easy to edit and preview. People can set passwords and allow access to trusted people only.
So, on the whole, it is a very supportive and user-friendly tool for remote workers. As all of their work is online, they can easily work together on their files.
Also, check out: Online Activity Times: How Important are They?
Doodle is like a planner but for multiple members. It helps you schedule your meetings with your team.
You don’t have to send e-mails after scheduling to everyone asking if they will be available.
As remote workers usually have different time zones, doodle also paid attention to it.
You can see which time will be perfect for the meeting, or you can propose one or two options to select from. This way, it’s time-saving and convenient for every team member.
Serene 🙁 Mac)
Serene is a productivity-boosting app for remote workers. It divides your task into multiple sessions with breaks in-between to increase productivity.
It stops distractions by blocking social media or news websites. So, It makes you focus on one task a day.
Serene Helps you manage your task through To-do lists and motivates you to work by showing the time you are left with to complete your task.
At the end:
Remote working has become essential for all businesses after the world going under lockdown.
No doubt, these tools serve different purposes for team management and help remote workers, but you can’t totally rely on these tools.
Productivity comes from within. The best way to increase productivity is to focus on one task at a time.
Use all these tools in your projects to flow your work better, and let’s make this remote culture a success.