Writers earn money writing fiction online all the time. If you have a way with words and know how to tell an interesting story, there are several different ways that you can earn income by putting your talent to use.
You just need some patience and discipline to create the best possible work of art for whatever audience you’re targeting, and you’ll earn money writing fiction online in no time.
Many people dream of quitting their day job and earning money writing fiction online. The internet has made this possible for many individuals around the world.
We’ve compiled a list of different ways to earn money writing fiction online, so you can make your dreams come true!
- Write for paysites
- Contests & Competitions
- Sell your work on Amazon, Etsy or iBooks, Author.com.
- Start a blog to earn money writing fiction online through advertising, affiliate marketing, and ebooks sales! The opportunities are endless – the only limit is yourself! What are you waiting for?
- Join a site like Upwork or Freelancer where you can earn money writing fiction online by completing small jobs.
- Submit your work to literary journals and magazines. So they can be published in print for people around the world to buy! This is one of the best ways to earn money writing fiction online because it doesn’t cost much at all – but could end up earning you thousands down the road when your story becomes famous (and earns royalties).
- Try self-publishing on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform or Smashwords. You can earn money writing fiction online without having an agent or publisher thanks to these sites! All three are super easy to use and require little technical know-how. Get started today and earn money writing fiction online by selling your ebooks!
- Earn money writing fiction online through blogging. One of the best ways to earn money writing fiction online is also one of the easiest thanks to Google Adsense, Amazon Associates or other affiliate marketing programs. You can earn a lot from these programs – so it’s worth looking into.
- Write an ebook and sell it on iBooks Author, Kindle Direct Publishing or Smashwords for people around the world to buy! This is a great way to earn money writing fiction online because you get 70% royalties when using Kindle Direct Publishing (and up to 90% with Smashwords). Get started today and see what this exciting world has in store for you! We hope our list of the best ways to earn money writing fiction online has been helpful!
- Consider putting together some samples of your best-written works and submitting them to publishers directly if the idea of earning income through self-publishing appeals to you, but only do this if you’re confident that what’s contained inside is worthy enough for publication.
Many writers dream about making it big but earning money writing fiction online only happens with a lot of hard work and dedication.
Recommended for you:
How to sell short stories on Amazon?
To sell your short stories on Amazon, you need to create an Amazon KDP account. You can sign up for KDP online or on your computer. You will need to provide some information about yourself and the book, which includes the title of the short story, author name, and genre. Once you have provided this information click save and continue to complete the registration process.
Once you have created an Amazon account, you will be able to upload your content. You can upload pdf or Word documents of your stories. Once you have uploaded your content it may take a few hours before it is available for sale on Amazon.
You can also use Kindle Direct Publishing’s website to see your books once they are up for sale. The website will show you the number of books that you have sold, the amount of money you have made, and other important information about your sales. You can also use the website to track your rankings and reviews.
How much should I charge for a short story on Amazon?
This is a difficult question to answer without knowing more about the project. A good starting point would be to research what other authors are charging for similar projects. But normally authors charge for their short stories from .99c to 2.99$.
There are other ways in which you can sell your short stories on Amazon KDP, for example using Kindle Select where readers can borrow your book for free and you earn money according to the number of pages readers read; or selling your short story in the form of an ebook (KDP) or print-on-demand paperback. You can check out each option here: https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help?topicId.
After that it is up to you what pricing method to use when selling your short stories on Amazon, for example, you might want to try the KDP Select option first, and then once sales start to take off you can publish your short story in paperback and sell it through CreateSpace.
The final price is up to you but if we need to give a guideline it would be somewhere between 0.99c and 2.99$. However, most authors tend to go with pricing their books between 1.99$ and 4.99$.